- Dark red bracts and dark green leaves
- Beautiful orange cyathia
- 9 week response time. Flower initiation approximately September 25th for December 5th timing
- Compact plant habit
- Upright branching.
Key Selling Points:
- Dark red poinsettia with serrated bracts and leaves.
- Superior post production characteristics.
- Can be grown without the use of PGR’s.
- Suitable for high density production.
Tips for Success:
- Chianti should not be grown cold. Excessive delay and a noticeable reduction in bract size may occur. For best quality plants grow and finish Chianti under traditional temperatures.
- Bract color and expansion is later on this cultivar than other poinsettias; do not cool the greenhouse or shade until full maturity is reached. For best results grow Chianti in a greenhouse that is warm and bright through finishing.
- Growth regulating will likely not be necessary.
- In larger container sizes consider adding 1 to 2 weeks to the production schedule.
- Chianti should not be grown cool.
Suggested Product Forms:
- 2.5” Mini
- 2.5-3” Mini Pinched
- 4” Pixie Pinched
- 6-6.5” Pinched
- 8” Multi Pinched
- Mini Tree
- Hanging Basket
Ecke Ranch Technical Support
|©2010 Paul Ecke Ranch All Rights Reserved||
|We hope the information provided will be helpful. It is based upon and knowledge (including information provided by the recipient) considered to be true and accurate, but without independent investigation and is offered for the recipient’s consideration, investigation and verification, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statement, recommendations, or suggestions in conjunction with any conditions of sale or use which apply to any products, or systems recommended by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use which would infringe any patent/copyright.|