- Colors available – Red, White, Pink, and Marble
- Dark green leaves
- 8.5-9 week response time. Flower initiation approximately September 25th for December 5th timing.
- Vigorous habit
- Upright branching
Key Selling Points:
- Great choice for larger product forms because of good natural vigor.
- Excellent choice for trees and single stem production.
- Vigorous yet responsive to growth regulators, also suitable for production in smaller product forms.
- Easy to grow and adaptable to a wide range of conditions.
- Uniform timing and habit of colors makes Classic a good choice for multi color combination product forms.
- Large bract with a horizontal position gives Classic a “traditional” poinsettia look.
- Perfect timing for mid-late season sales.
- Excellent post production qualities and superior cyathia retention.
Tips for Success:
- Classic is a vigorous cultivar. To reduce the need for growth regulators consider planting Classic one week later than Prestige.
- If lower lateral shoot buds are present prior to pinch a growth regulator application prior to pinching will help keep growth even after pinch and reduce the incidence of dominant shoots.
- Leaf removal at pinch is beneficial and will maximize light penetration to the stem which encourages upright branching.
- Not recommended for cold growing.
- Not recommended for high density production.
Suggested Product Forms:
- 2.5” Mini
- 4” Pixie Pinched
- 6-6.5” Pinched
- 8” Multi Pinched
- 10” Multi
- Mini Tree
- Hanging Basket
- Single Stem or Non- Pinch
|©2011 Paul Ecke Ranch All Rights Reserved||
|We hope the information provided will be helpful. It is based upon and knowledge (including information provided by the recipient) considered to be true and accurate, but without independent investigation and is offered for the recipient’s consideration, investigation and verification, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statement, recommendations, or suggestions in conjunction with any conditions of sale or use which apply to any products, or systems recommended by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use which would infringe any patent/copyright.|