- Beautiful, deep red bracts
- Dark green leaves
- 8.5-9 week response time. Flower initiation approximately September 25th for December 5th timing
- Compact vigor
Key Selling Points:
- Beautiful, deep, true red bracts.
- Adaptable to a wide range of container sizes.
- Perfect timing for mid season sales.
- Natural compact habit makes Max Red ideal for small product forms.
- Not susceptible to late season stretch.
Tips for Success:
- The Florel® “sandwich” technique will enhance uniformity of branch position. Apply 250-500 ppm 5 days before and 5 days after pinch.
- Avoid stressful environmental conditions during establishing and at pinch timing for optimal branching.
- A soft pinch and leaf removal at pinch is beneficial and will maximize light penetration to the new shoots and stem.
- Consider adding extra production time in larger product forms to allow plants to achieve desired final finished height.
- Max Red is sensitive to drying or rapid changes in light and temperature conditions, which may result in minor leaf curl, leaf burn and/or lower branch wilting.
- Maintain even soil moisture levels and avoid high soluble salts.
- Bracts are susceptible to sunburn if exposed to high light intensities at finish. Provide shade to prevent damage to mature bracts.
- Exotherm Termil® may bleach the color on expanded bracts. Discontinue use of this product during bract formation.
- Max Red is not suitable for energy efficient production.
Suggested Product Forms:
- 2.5” Mini
- 2.5-3” Mini Pinched4” Pixie Pinched
- 6-6.5” Pinched
- 8” Multi Pinched
- Hanging Baskets
- Single Stem or Non-Pinch
Ecke Ranch Technical Support
|©2011 Paul Ecke Ranch All Rights Reserved||
|We hope the information provided will be helpful. It is based upon and knowledge (including information provided by the recipient) considered to be true and accurate, but without independent investigation and is offered for the recipient’s consideration, investigation and verification, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statement, recommendations, or suggestions in conjunction with any conditions of sale or use which apply to any products, or systems recommended by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use which would infringe any patent/copyright.|