- Very early season, compact, red variety
- Dark green leaves and large showy bracts
- 7.5 week response time. Flower initiation approximately September 10th for November 5th timing.
- Naturally compact variety
- Strong v-shaped architecture
Key Selling Points:
- One of the earliest poinsettias on the market today!
- As Premier Red is naturally compact it can easily be grown without the use of PGR’s.
- Great for high density production.
- Outstanding plant for energy efficient production.
- Ideal for smaller production forms.
Tips for Success:
- Consider growing Premier Red on an extended schedule with extra vegetative growing time in larger product forms.
- Premier Red will benefit from weekly calcium chloride sprays for optimal post harvest quality.
- Avoid early spacing which will result in horizontal branch angle.
- Premier Red initiates flowers approximately September 10th, schedule accordingly allowing enough vegetative grow time between pinch and flower initiation.
Suggested Product Forms:
- 2.5” Mini
- 2.5-3” Pinched
- 4” Pixie Pinched
- 6-6.5” Pinched
- Mini Tree
Ecke Ranch Technical Support
|©2011 Ecke Ranch, Inc.All Rights Reserved||
|We hope the information provided will be helpful. It is based upon and knowledge (including information provided by the recipient) considered to be true and accurate, but without independent investigation and is offered for the recipient’s consideration, investigation and verification, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statement, recommendations, or suggestions in conjunction with any conditions of sale or use which apply to any products, or systems recommended by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use which would infringe any patent/copyright.|