- Mid season, dark red variety
- Dark green leaves and large showy horizontal bracts.
- 8.5-9 week response time. Flower initiation approximately September 25th for December 5th timing.
- Medium vigor
- Strong v-shaped architecture
Key Selling Points:
- Beautiful dark red, horizontal bracts.
- Prestige Maroon can be grown in a variety of container sizes from 4” to 12” containers and trees.
- Prestige Maroon is ideal for high density growing.
- Reduce shirk by growing Prestige Maroon! Its natural stem strength and v-shaped architecture eliminate stem breakage.
- Post production characteristics are outstanding.
Tips for Success:
- Soft pinch with leave removal is recommended for optimum branching. Florel® is not necessary for Prestige Maroon.
- Pinching during periods of high light, high heat, and low relative humidity may result in poor branching.
- Pot tight spacing for an extended period after pinching to promote upright branching is not necessary for Prestige Maroon. V-shaped architecture is a natural characteristic of this variety.
- Responsive to DIF and PGR’s for height control.
- Prestige Maroon should not be grown cool as significant delay in flowering may occur.
- Prestige Maroon is sensitive to heat delay. Maintain night temperatures below 72°F during flower initiation to avoid delay.
- Not recommended for cold growing
Suggested Product Forms:
- 2.5” Mini
- 4” Pixie Pinched
- 6-6.5” Pinched
- 8” Multi Pinched
- 10” Multi
- Mini Tree
- Hanging Basket
- Single Stem or Non- Pinch
|©2011 Paul Ecke Ranch All Rights Reserved||
|We hope the information provided will be helpful. It is based upon and knowledge (including information provided by the recipient) considered to be true and accurate, but without independent investigation and is offered for the recipient’s consideration, investigation and verification, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statement, recommendations, or suggestions in conjunction with any conditions of sale or use which apply to any products, or systems recommended by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use which would infringe any patent/copyright.|