- Large, pure white bracts.
- Medium green leaves
- 8.5 week response time. Flower initiation approximately September 25th for December 1st timing.
- Vigorous cultivar
Key Selling Points:
- Can be grown in a variety of container sizes from 4” to 10” containers and trees.
- Suitable for single stem production.
- Bright white bracts.
- Excellent choice for trees
- Excellent post production characteristic.
Tips for Success:
- Snowcap is susceptible to botrytis and will benefit from preventative programs targeted at this disease.
- Maintain even soil moisture and avoid high EC throughout production that may contribute to bract damage.
- Calcium sprays have encouraged stronger stems.
- Snowcap is a vigorous cultivar and will benefit from the use of PGR’s for height control and to strengthen stems. Growers should also consider a shorter production schedule to control height.
- Should not be grown cool.
- Medium green leaf cultivars require about 20% higher fertility rates than dark green leaf varieties.
- Weekly calcium sprays at the sign of first color will help prevent bract edge burn.
Suggested Product Forms:
- 4” Pixie Pinched
- 6-6.5” Pinched
- 8” Multi Pinched
- 10” Multi
- Hanging Basket
- Single Stem or Non- Pinch
|©2011 Paul Ecke Ranch All Rights Reserved||
|We hope the information provided will be helpful. It is based upon and knowledge (including information provided by the recipient) considered to be true and accurate, but without independent investigation and is offered for the recipient’s consideration, investigation and verification, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statement, recommendations, or suggestions in conjunction with any conditions of sale or use which apply to any products, or systems recommended by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use which would infringe any patent/copyright.|