- Dark red bracts and dark green leaves
- 9 – 9.5 week response time. Flower initiation approximately September 25th for December 5th-10th timing.
- Medium vigor plant habit
- Upright branching
- Cascading bract position
Key Selling Points:
- Dark red poinsettia with traditional cascading bract presentation.
- Great replacement for Success™.
- Superior post production characteristics.
Tips for Success:
- Solstice should not be grown cold. Excessive delay and a noticeable reduction in bract size may occur. For best quality plants grow and finish Solstice under traditional temperatures.
- Bract color and expansion is later on this cultivar than other poinsettias; do not cool the greenhouse or shade until full maturity is reached. For best results grow Solstice in a greenhouse that is warm and bright through finishing.
- Growth regulating will likely be necessary. Solstice is responsive to growth regulating and DIF treatments for height control. Avoid excessive late growth regulating which will delay flowering and reduce bract size.
- No special concerns
Suggested Product Forms:
- 4” Pixie Pinched
- 6-6.5” Pinched
- 8” Multi Pinched
- 10” Multi Pinched
- Mini Tree
- Hanging Basket
- Singe Stem or Non-Pinched
Ecke Ranch Technical Support
|©2010 Paul Ecke Ranch All Rights Reserved||
|We hope the information provided will be helpful. It is based upon and knowledge (including information provided by the recipient) considered to be true and accurate, but without independent investigation and is offered for the recipient’s consideration, investigation and verification, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statement, recommendations, or suggestions in conjunction with any conditions of sale or use which apply to any products, or systems recommended by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use which would infringe any patent/copyright.|