- Soft peachy pink bracts
- Medium green leaves
- 8.5-9 week response time. Flower initiation approximately September 25th for December 5th timing
- Vigorous cultivar
Key Selling Points:
- Outstanding plant for larger container sizes. Due to Visions of Grandeur’s natural vigor growers can produce 8” containers successfully using only 1 plant per pot.
- Showy, upscale plant can be sold at higher price points.
- Excellent branching characteristics.
Tips for Success:
- Visions of Grandeur is susceptible to botrytis and will benefit from preventative programs targeted at this disease.
- Maintain even soil moisture and avoid high EC throughout production that may contribute to bract damage.
- Calcium sprays have encouraged stronger stems.
- Visions of Grandeur is a vigorous cultivar and will benefit from the use of PGR’s for height control and to strengthen stems. PGR’s will reduce internodal stretch and leaf size. Growers should also consider using a shorter production schedule.
- Visions of Grandeur is later blooming; maintain warm temperatures throughout production to avoid delay in flowering.
- Visions of Grandeur will benefit from staking or support rings for extra support.
- Bracts will mature from ivory to peach.
Special Concerns for all:
- Should not be grown cool.
- Medium green leaf cultivars require about 20% higher fertility rates than dark green leaf varieties.
- Weekly calcium sprays at the sign of first color will help prevent bract edge burn.
Suggested Product Forms:
- 6-6.5” Pinched
- 8” Single Pinched
- 10” Multi
|©2011 Paul Ecke Ranch All Rights Reserved||
|We hope the information provided will be helpful. It is based upon and knowledge (including information provided by the recipient) considered to be true and accurate, but without independent investigation and is offered for the recipient’s consideration, investigation and verification, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statement, recommendations, or suggestions in conjunction with any conditions of sale or use which apply to any products, or systems recommended by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use which would infringe any patent/copyright.|