- Mid season, marble variety.
- Dark green leaves and large showy horizontal bracts
- 8.5 week response time. Flower initiation approximately September 25th for December 1st timing.
- Vigorous variety
- Strong v-shaped architecture
Key Selling Points:
- Showy, upscale plant. Marble pattern has great contrast. Large bracts create a full dome of color.
- Large, showy cyathia.
- Excellent vigor makes Winter Blush suitable for larger containers.
- Outstanding branching characteristics and stem strength.
- Very good post production characteristics.
- Responds well to black cloth for earlier sales.
Tips for Success:
- Winter Blush is a vigorous cultivar. To reduce the need for PGR’s plant Winter Blush one week later than cultivars such as Prestige.
- Responsive to PGR’s and a negative DIF for height control.
- Winter Blush does not respond well to tight spacing due to its vigor. Produce Winter Blush with maximum spacing for best quality plants.
- Not recommended for tree production due to susceptibility to splitting.
- Winter Blush is sensitive to drying and rapid changes in light and temperature which may result in minor leaf curl, leaf burn, and lower branch wilting.
- Maintain even soil moisture and avoid high soluble salts.
- Bracts are susceptible to sunburn if exposed to high light intensities at finish. Provide shade to prevent damage to mature bracts.
- Winter Blush should not be grown cold.
Suggested Product Forms:
- 4” Pixie Pinched
- 6-6.5” Pinched
- 8” Multi Pinched
- 10” Multi
- Mini Tree
- Single Stem or Non- Pinch
|©2011 Paul Ecke Ranch All Rights Reserved||
|We hope the information provided will be helpful. It is based upon and knowledge (including information provided by the recipient) considered to be true and accurate, but without independent investigation and is offered for the recipient’s consideration, investigation and verification, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statement, recommendations, or suggestions in conjunction with any conditions of sale or use which apply to any products, or systems recommended by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use which would infringe any patent/copyright.|