- Colors available – Red and White
- Dark green incurved leaves and incurved bracts.
- Unique globe shaped flower heads.
- 9.5 week response time. Flower initiation approximately September 25th for December 10th timing.
- Compact poinsettia
Key Selling Points:
- Novelty type builds consumer interest at retail.
- Adaptable to a wide range of container sizes.
- Ideal for space efficient production because of leaf and bract position.
- Uniform in size, habit, and timing.
- Winter Rose shoots and bracts present uniformly without dominant branching.
- Perfect timing for late season sales.
- Superior post harvest qualities.
Tips for Success:
- Compact series of poinsettias requiring little or no growth regulating. If height control is needed the series is responsive to negative DIF treatments and standard growth regulating applications.
- The Florel® “sandwich” technique will enhance uniformity of branch position. Apply 250-500 ppm 5 days before and 5 days after pinch.
- A soft pinch and leaf removal at pinch is beneficial and will maximize light penetration to the new shoots and stem.
- Leaves and bracts are incurved under normal conditions; under high temperatures and humidity leaves and bracts will flatten out.
- Series requires less water than traditional poinsettia types due to leaf type and plant habit.
- Incurved bracts can collect moisture; apply preventative fungicides for botrytis and powdery mildew and provide environmental conditions that prevent foliar diseases in the finishing environment.
- Not recommended for cold growing as bract expansion will be compromised.
Suggested Product Forms:
- 2.5” Mini
- 2.5-3” Mini Pinched
- 4” Pixie Pinched
- 6-6.5” Pinched
- 8” Multi Pinched
- Mini Tree
- Hanging Baskets
- Single Stem or Non-Pinch
Ecke Ranch Technical Support
|©2008 Paul Ecke Ranch All Rights Reserved||
|We hope the information provided will be helpful. It is based upon and knowledge (including information provided by the recipient) considered to be true and accurate, but without independent investigation and is offered for the recipient’s consideration, investigation and verification, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statement, recommendations, or suggestions in conjunction with any conditions of sale or use which apply to any products, or systems recommended by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use which would infringe any patent/copyright.|